• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aux Fuel Pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just replaced the old (original ) aux fuel pump on my 73, PA-28-140. I replaced it with the CA35328-800E unit which is a direct replacement for the old pump.
When I turn on the new pump my ammeter needle begins to vibrate, not much, but enough that I’ve noticed. It’s not like the ammeter bounce that so many have had issues with, just a vibration. I ran an extra ground wire to the pump housing (that’s the negative source for the pump itself) & I did a bypass of the switch as well. Lastly, I bypassed both the switch & the circuit breaker with new wire to the new pump with the same result. Has anyone replaced they’re old aux pump with this unit & had this issue, or am I looking at a defective new pump?
Merrill

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back