• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Autopilot Glideslope Coupler Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiplaclair2

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I own a 1977 Piper Lance with a Century IIIc autopilot. I recently had a shop do a bunch of avionics upgrades including an Avidyne IFD550, dual Garmin G5s, new comm panel, ADS-B, and a remote transponder. The modern panel is a huge improvement! However, the avionics shop is wrestling with an issue they cannot resolve so I wanted to seek the wisdom of this board to see if anyone has any good ideas. At the Final Approach Fix, the autopilot glideslope coupler climbs instead of descends. The shop has checked all the wiring multiple times, and even tried 2 other glideslope couplers with the same general behavior. While the Avidyne settings appear to be correct, the shop is not an Avidyne expert so it is possible they might be incorrect. Prior to the avionics upgrades, I had not flown any coupled approaches in this plane so I'm not sure if it worked properly or not. Anyway, I'm looking for any ideas on things to check.

Thanks,
-Chip

Latest posts

Back