• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

AutoControl 3B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65Y

Reaction score
I have the components from an AutoControl that I bought from another forum member last year. However between issues with my mechanic, followed by COVID we didn't get it installed. One of the new digital autopilots is finally scheduled to be certified for my model sometime next year, so it no longer makes sense for me to install this one.

It came out of a '79 Dakota, was described as working when removed, and includes the following:
Amplifier - The shaft of the knob was broken in shipment, but I wouldn't think it would be too hard to fix/replace
Roll Servo - 1C363-1-430R (Same motor, just the bracket changes between models from what I found.)
Radio coupler - 1C388M
Relay box 1B440-2

This will work with a G5 for steering controls. Add a GI-275 and it will allow you to pull your vacuum system.

I'd prefer to sell it as a package, but if you need something to keep yours going I'd entertain that. Make me an offer.

Attachments

• Amplifier.jpg
    Amplifier.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Relay 1B440-2.jpg
    Relay 1B440-2.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Radio Coupler Data Plate.jpg
    Radio Coupler Data Plate.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Radio Coupler Face.jpg
    Radio Coupler Face.jpg