• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Auto pilot for sale

Kelly7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in my Piper Auto Control III? Taking it out of my PA-28 235 in Jan for a GFC 500
In working order going to put on open market if no interest here. Make offer
Thx Kelly

markgroce

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too, sort of. Century 41. Also replaced all gauges with Garmin EIS. Came out of 82’ PA32R.

Flica720

320 driver
Reaction score
Anyone interested in my Piper Auto Control III? Taking it out of my PA-28 235 in Jan for a GFC 500
In working order going to put on open market if no interest here. Make offer
Thx Kelly
I have a PA30 with inop auto control III. Not sure how much it will take to get it going again or if it’s even possible. What’s the condition and how much?

Kelly7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s working fine. I’ll take a video next time I’m flying of it in use so you can can see it’s working. Make an offer and I’ll want to see what kind of interest their is for it First decent offer can have it. The shop won’t be taking it out till mid Jan

sgavette

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one as well if anyone is interested. Only issues are:

No DG, sold to hangar neighbor when G5 installed.
Knobs are missing. Went MIA when GFC500 nstalled

Servo overhauled in 2016 @ Autopilots Central. Worked great when removed in Aug.

Flica720

320 driver
Reaction score
I have one as well if anyone is interested. Only issues are:

No DG, sold to hangar neighbor when G5 installed.
Knobs are missing. Went MIA when GFC500 nstalled

Servo overhauled in 2016 @ Autopilots Central. Worked great when removed in Aug.

What plane was it removed from?

Flica720

320 driver
Reaction score
It’s working fine. I’ll take a video next time I’m flying of it in use so you can can see it’s working. Make an offer and I’ll want to see what kind of interest their is for it First decent offer can have it. The shop won’t be taking it out till mid Jan
Please send pictures of the components after it’s removed.

Azpilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If someone needs the autopilot DG from Sgavette’s system, I have one as a take-out from a Turbo Arrow III.

Latest posts