• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Audio panel breaker popping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arob16

Reaction score
Hey folks - our Arrow ('76 Arrow II) has recently demonstrated a somewhat predictable pattern of the GMA 340 audio panel's circuit breaker popping. Although I'm still gathering feedback from the other pilots that are flying it, the behavior is the following: When transitioning from mid to high power settings (i.e. 1500 RPM or higher), down to idle, the breaker for the GMA 340 will pop open circuit. If you reset it and move the power setting again, it tends to happen again. If you reset it during a more consistent power setting (i.e. cruise), it won't pop. Doesn't happen 100% of all such power changes... but when it does, it's during those throttle changes. At first glance, I'm wondering if this is a voltage regulator or alternator issue... since the anomaly appears to be associated with a power change. Then again, you'd think it would affect more than just one 5-amp breaker at that point.... Sounds like my multi-meter may be getting some use here pretty soon. No significant/bad indications on the aircraft's ammeter at this point.

Anyone have a similar situation?

arrow 2.jpg

arrow 1.jpg

Latest posts

Back