• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

At auction Pratt & Whitney R-4360, 28 cylinder airplane engine from a B-36

bkp2024

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A local auction company is selling a Pratt & Whitney R-4360, 28 cylinder airplane engine from a B-36. This is part of an estate of a local guy that lives about a mile from me in Washington Court House Ohio 43160.

I have no idea what it’s worth or could bring? Also unsure when it ran or it’s condition. I didn’t know him but wondering how one squires a B-36 engine in the first place? Could somebody use it in a restoration?

He owned a stone quarry for years and had a hangar on his private strip. The typical collector / tinkerer. Old cars and aviation stuff. I’ll try and post link to auction page if anybody’s interested.
IMG_7794.JPG
IMG_7795.JPG

EchoDelta

Reaction score
Hmm.... I wonder if there is an STC for putting one of these in my Arrow.

Leigh

Reaction score
Quite a few years ago we were on an antique car tour on Vancouver Island and were treated to a tour of the base on Sproat lake where the Martin Mars waterbombers were based. They did a test flight that we got to watch and were taken through the hangar where they had several spare engines on stands. These 4360's are big. The sound of four of them on takeoff power is amazing.

Latest posts