• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aspen & S-TEC Owners - Poor experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherokee12

Reaction score
I am reaching out to see if there are any other Aspen/S-TEC 3100 owners out there who have experienced trouble with the latest generation of equipment. I have been fighting issues with my Aspen 2500 setup where I get random reboots, had to disable my ADS-B inputs to resolve, then was told I needed MAX to fix, paid more money, still have rebooting MFD units.

I purchased an STEC-3100 and have not been able to get it to work more than 5 flights out of 50 and spend more time hand flying my plane than on autopilot. I have been working with both companies support but no one has been able to find a resolution. I am probably $50k and 3 avionics shops in at this point between the two companies and I can't carry passengers with me because the autopilot kicks off and my MFDs constantly rebooting does not give non pilots the warm and fuzzys.

While hand flying and navigating with my backup G5 today, I have come to the conclusion that I need to remove all Aspen and STEC equipment and replace with Garmin G3X Touch and GFC 500 AP, another $35,000.

Latest posts

Back