• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Arrow Pitot Heater Servicing Help Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Pitot heat in my 1978 PA28R-201T seems weak. Turning it on with the plane on the ground gives heat, but it only seems warm, not hot. I know there are two separate heating elements, and can source these from a few sellers. What I can't seem to find anywhere in the Piper MX manual (761-639 January 31, 2009 version) are the instructions for replacement of the elements. I can't even find instructions for removal and replacement of the mast assembly. I have found the electrical diagram that includes the heater elements.

This is not rocket science and I'd like to believe that the replacement is straight forward. That said, does anyone have a reference to actual Piper instructions for this?

Latest posts

Back