• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Arrow II Rear seat removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Bennett

Reaction score
I own a 1975 Arrow II and just started having problems with the automatic gear system lowering the gear in flight as opposed to during landing configuration. I am hoping it is just an obstruction in the pitot mounted on the side of the fuselage so was going to remove the rear floor panel and blow compressed air out through the hose to hopefully clear the obstruction. However.... I cannot figure out how to remove the rear seats. The POH is pretty vague about removing the seats and I read there is a screw-head on each post that you turn 90 degrees but I cannot locate anything with a screw head.

Is it on all four posts for each seat? Is the screw-head aft of the post or in front of the post?

Also, if anyone else has experienced this issue with the auto gear extension and knows of an easier way, please let me know.

Latest posts

Back