• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Arrow II Avionics Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisbre

Reaction score
Thinking about upgrading my avionics on my Arrow II. As money matters to me, I'm looking for used equipment. Does anyone know if the following components will work together?
I want to install an HSI (kcs55a), a KI229 instead of the standard KI227-indicator, get a kln89b for my old Garmin 100 and have it all wired to the auto control IIIb.
The installed equipment is 2x KX155 (1 w/ GS), KI203&209, KR87, KN64
I found out that I will need at least a GPSS converter, the radio coupler 1C388 and a MidContinent or AmeriKing announciator panel, but do I need any additional converters?
Or do you think buying a new plane might be much easier and cheaper?
Thanks for your help.
Chris.

Latest posts

Back