• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Are my endorsements still valid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rykymus

Reaction score
As of July 15, 2014, I had all my endorsements for my PPL Practical, and my IACRA application had been submitted. I also had received about 5 hours of dual instruction in preparation for practical, as well as 5 hours of review on the ground in preparation for the oral portion. (All of those hours occurred in early July 2014.)

My practical was to be on July 16, 2014, but did not occur because I did not realize I was supposed to get a medical flight test (for slight vision deficiency in one eye) prior to the practical. (Thank you FAA for that crystal clear letter, but that's another thread.)

I have both a medical flight test AND my practical exam scheduled with an FAA Inspector on Sept 11, 2014. (Yeah, I know.)

My concerns are about my endorsements, my recency of preparatory dual instruction, and my IACRA application. ALL documentation that I can find from the FAA and online indicates that I should be good until the end of September 2014. I asked the FAA inspector and he told me to call the FAA airmen cert div. I called them, and they told me to ask the inspector at the FSDO. Went back to him (via email) and, of course, he is out of the office until Monday the 8th.)

The people at IACRA say I'm good. AOPA Legal says I'm good. A friend of mine who has been a CFI for more than 20 years says I'm good. But now, the instructor (the one that took over for my instructor while my instructor is on vacation) says that according to the local DPE I'm only good until the end of August 2014! (Which is a period of less than 60 days!)

HELP!!!!!

FYI: I honestly think this instructor is just trying to squeeze money out of me, as he's been trying for days to get me to take him with me to the exam. Thing is, the guy irritates the hell out of me. Also, I want to have the option of flying to the exam airport (49.5 nm from my training airport) the day before as the airport occasionally has a low ceiling in the early morning and my appt. it at 0800. (The low ceiling tends to rise by 10-11)

Latest posts

Back