• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Archer Nose Strut Fairing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mag

Reaction score
The Archers have a small two piece nose strut fairing that attached to the bottom of the engine cowl. The forward piece covers the strut and the aft piece encloses the gap at the bottom of the cowl from aft of the strut to the aft metal piece that mounts on the bottom of the engine cowl. I have noticed most airplanes have these removed. It appears they crack and get worn and most just discard these because it is an extra step of removal to take the cowl on and off. My airplane's is missing since I bought it.

My question is does anybody have any feedback on these good or bad? Does the forward fairing reduce enough drag that it would be worth purchasing one to install? And the aft one covers the gap at the bottom of the cowl, but does it restrict cooling in anyway -- because it would block some low pressure air? On the positive side, it might also reduce some turbulence coming out of the cowl.

Just curious if there is any feedback on these?

Thanks,
Mark

Latest posts

Back