• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Archer II main oleo weak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airlachuteinc

Reaction score
working on a PA28-181,I replaced both main gear strut lower seals and scrapers,serviced with hydraulic fluid and nitrogen.The oleos are too smooth :If I grab the wingtip,I can rock the plane easily up and down...
There is a lack of resistance or restriction.The parts catalog shows an orifice assy in the head of the strut but the gear asy has to be removed for access...and special tool to remove it...that orifice can wear out ???
Did someone ever have that problem

Latest posts

Back