• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Archer II for sale thread?

N4986P

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was I dreaming last night when I read a thread about a nicely equipped Archer II for sale with a bunch of pics? Owner was looking at getting into a Cirrus. Now I can’t find the thread. Is it in a different area of the forum?

Ron Himmelreich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He took it off the market and asked that it be deleted...at least that is what I read yesterday.

imwithtuxedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he was gonna finish his IFR ticket in the Archer before moving up. He asked that the post be deleted.

N4986P

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah ok. So I wasn't dreaming. Ha! Was a nice looking Archer. Shouldn’t have a hard time selling when the time comes.

rnanaples

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was I dreaming last night when I read a thread about a nicely equipped Archer II for sale with a bunch of pics? Owner was looking at getting into a Cirrus. Now I can’t find the thread. Is it in a different area of the forum?
Are you in the market for one. It is mine and it is very nice. Pricey but nice.https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...del=ARCHER&listing_id=2363681&s-type=aircraft

Archerbob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but I’m considering selling my 1977 Archer II, but not sure how to establish a fair price for it. Can anyone direct me to the best source to establish a fair market value?

Bob,
N4770F
1977 Archer II

gas_pumps

Reaction score
I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but I’m considering selling my 1977 Archer II, but not sure how to establish a fair price for it. Can anyone direct me to the best source to establish a fair market value?

Bob,
N4770F
1977 Archer II
I got 55K for my low time 79 Archer with recent paint a few years ago. It went quickly to a cash buyer. I included a new annual as a prebuy inspection. It had just over 1000 hours total time since new.

Last edited:

Archerbob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I don't have my logs here, but engine has about 350 hours on a factory overhaul, and airframe is 7,000 plus. ADS-B complied with this year via a GDL-82, and aircraft is currently in annual. Also having the prop overhauled since that hasn't been done since new. Maintenance is kept up well.
Thanks for the price input.
Bob

jettajake00

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I don't have my logs here, but engine has about 350 hours on a factory overhaul, and airframe is 7,000 plus. ADS-B complied with this year via a GDL-82, and aircraft is currently in annual. Also having the prop overhauled since that hasn't been done since new. Maintenance is kept up well.
Thanks for the price input.
Bob

I sold my 1981 Archer II for $48,300 net after a pre-buy/annual. Just under 12k frame time, and 1K on a Mattituck Re-man. Basic IFR...non ADS-B. October 2018. VERY clean exterior and decent interior.

I asked $53k, VREF was $56k. We agreed to $50k over the phone provided a pre-buy didn't turn up anything crazy. The pre-buy from a very well known mechanic locally, since he was coming from NC to MO to pickup (mechanic was different than the one who did my previous annual, which, I wish I'd have had him to begin with to be honest as I feel he was very good and much more thorough and had good dealings with him after my initial mechanic) didn't turn up any airworthy issues, but, some things that could use attention were brought up and I agreed to foot half the bill for that, at $3400 was $1700 off the agreed to price...so, net $48,300 and he flew away.

Hope that helps give some reference.

Latest posts