• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aproach in selling my Airplane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbaronex

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I have a 1985 PA-28-161 2700TT 380 SMOH. Here's the dilemma. Purchased in 2007 for $56k. Invested another $10k into it flew from 2007 to 9/2008 - and medical issue kicked it - no flying since then, Last annual 6/2008 - everything was normal. It sat in a hanger for 3 years, and its been tied down outside since 2011. The airplane is somewhat maintained, even though not flown (taxing, run-ups, oil changes, new battery) but no flying and no annual done since 2008. I now need to sell it. Obviously, a fresh annual would be needed, I don't want to take a huge hit on the selling price. Obviously, I'm not going to recover $60k, but would look at $45K. The exterior paint is a 7 and still has its shine, - the interior is a 7 as well with replaced interior trim. Located in sunny Arizona, but covered. Install in the past: Upgraded windshield, Wingtip recognition lights, new tires, led tach, new stainless steel battery box, cables and more.

What would my options be here? A fresh annual would be a given, but how would the airplane sitting on the ground since 2008 effect a buyer's decision?

Thanks all. Just looking for some opinions...

Rob

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back