• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Apache jnsurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Posting this in general for greater exposure.

I pinged my insurance broker today on general estimates of insurance for an Apache as a time building plane. I was fairly surprised to get a strong recommendation against the Apache, citing age and low HP as drivers causing insurers to either refuse to quote, or quote very high premiums ($8K +) for low time pilots on these low hull-value craft.

This comes on the heels on an $11k first year quote for a TwinCo at $145k hull.

For Apache owners (what few there may be) of recent experience - does this seem to track with what you’re seeing. I get that a low HP twin without CR props does offer some more potential pitfalls for a low time pilot - but I was surprised to see that the bias in insurance is -that- strong.

Latest posts

Back