• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Any Tomahawks out there?

Strutwipe

Strutwipe
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm finishing up on my new to me PA38. I will be looking to purchase another one in the future but one thing I have learned, a turn key aircraft is a project in disguise. Any project Tommy in the SW part of the US?

ikaros61

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yes. Call Tom at First Flight.619-661-6522 He has one that has been seating for a while that the owner wants to get rid off. It’s at San Diego Brown Field.

Strutwipe

Strutwipe
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Call Tom at First Flight.619-661-6522 He has one that has been seating for a while that the owner wants to get rid off. It’s at San Diego Brown Field.
Thanks. I appreciate your help. I called Tom and he thinks I'm crazy to even look at this aircraft in the condition it is in but I'll see what the owner has to say.

RickS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm finishing up on my new to me PA38. I will be looking to purchase another one in the future but one thing I have learned, a turn key aircraft is a project in disguise. Any project Tommy in the SW part of the US?
I guess I got lucky..... my PA28-140 was pretty much turn-key, and I have not had any major problems besides changing one cylinder. I did put in a new VR, batt, Alternator and starter, but to me, those are just ordinary things, nothing crazy expensive or that kept the plane down for an extended period of time. Being my own A&P helps tremendously though.

Azpilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a few Traumahawks on the open ramp at KCHD. I don’t know that any are listed for sale, but may be worth taking a look-see.

skywag

BE300 CE500 DA-50 LR-JET
Reaction score
There is a PILE of them at the Bremerton Airport

Strutwipe

Strutwipe
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I got lucky..... my PA28-140 was pretty much turn-key, and I have not had any major problems besides changing one cylinder. I did put in a new VR, batt, Alternator and starter, but to me, those are just ordinary things, nothing crazy expensive or that kept the plane down for an extended period of time. Being my own A&P helps tremendously though.
During the pre-buy, I knew I had items to take care of but I quickly realized, after about 20 hours of flight time, I would have more than a few things to take care of. I got the aircraft at a good price but a person can question the integrity of the pervious annuals. Being a fellow A&P is an enormous benefit!

Strutwipe

Strutwipe
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a PILE of them at the Bremerton Airport
Thanks but only a 1000 miles further than I would want to trailer an aircraft ;)

I have wondered why they are being parked out in a field. Anyone have any idea why?

Strutwipe

Strutwipe
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a few Traumahawks on the open ramp at KCHD. I don’t know that any are listed for sale, but may be worth taking a look-see.
Any idea who the owner is, such as a flight school?

Do they look abandoned? If that is the case, I'll fly up to take down the N numbers and talk with the airport manager. Would you mind marking the CHD layout?

Attachments