• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Any interest in Garmin 696 portable w/ XM antenna?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck

David Megginson
Reaction score
I haven't decided whether to sell yet, but I'd like to check and see if there's any interest out there, and what price people might be willing to pay. Unit would be shipping from Canada, but shipping to the US wouldn't be too hard.

It's the older XM antenna, but still works well. The system software in the 696 is up to date. I also have a yoke mount that I'd throw in for free, and a Zaon XRX traffic detector (now discontinued) that can show traffic—with mixed reliability—right on the 696 screen, which I'd probably also toss in (use at own risk).

This is a reliable unit, but now that I have a panel-mount GPS, I'm thinking of decluttering and removing it from my yoke. I could use a tablet to show weather and traffic from my GTX 345 and a GDL 51 (for XM weather).

Latest posts

Back