• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Alpha Aviation Replacement/Upgrade Safety Restraints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did you know that with proper use of shoulder harnesses and lap belts in the event of a crash, studies have shown that major injuries can be reduced by 88% and fatalities by 20%?
Shoulder harnesses have been required for all seats in small aircraft since the end of 1986, and were an optional feature for a time before that. How old are your belts?

If you are looking to replace worn down belts, or upgrade from a fixed strap shoulder restraint to inertial reel, then Alpha Aviation is the place to look!
We offer both 2-pt and 3-pt replacements, and will work to find the perfect fit and color for you and your plane.
No STC is required if you are swapping old belts for new - using the same attachment points and hardware, there is no change to the airframe.

More information can be found on our website at www.ALPHAAVIATION.com
Please let us know if you have any questions!

Piper Forum - Replacements.jpg

Are your inertial reels a direct replacement for the original Piper shoulder harness. Uses the same #3 Phillips screw to mount and fits in the same space?

Are your inertial reels a direct replacement for the original Piper shoulder harness. Uses the same #3 Phillips screw to mount and fits in the same space?
Yes! You'll keep the hardware and attachment points, and we'll send you the shoulder harness, reel, lap belt, buckle, and end fittings to swap in. You also receive an 8130-3 airworthiness tag and certificate of conformance for your records. Just like changing a tire.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when replacing. Much cheaper than sending back to Pacific Scientific.

I am interested in installing these in my Cherokee 235, but not interested in drilling a bunch of new rivets in my roof rather than reusing existing rivet points. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you reweb seatbelts? I have two inertial reels for front seats and two lapbelts that need to be redone.

Thanks!
Note that Alpha's last post was a year and a half ago, and they've only posted on this forum a total of five times. I'd guess it's unlikely they'll ever see your question here. You'll probably have better luck Googling them for a phone number and giving them a call.

I am interested in installing these in my Cherokee 235, but not interested in drilling a bunch of new rivets in my roof rather than reusing existing rivet points. Correct me if I'm wrong.
That extra line of rivets secures added structure that I am sure is necessary to secure the reel and keep it in place up to the FAA required impact load.

I am an A/P student, and my IA made me drill all the holes. I have a beautiful (I think anyway) Comanche that was on the cover of the Comanche magazine at one point. I was REALLY hesitant to drill that first hole, let me tell you. But - if the work is done well, it looks completely factory. The benefits far outweigh that appearance of that extra line of rivets.

Note that Alpha's last post was a year and a half ago, and they've only posted on this forum a total of five times. I'd guess it's unlikely they'll ever see your question here. You'll probably have better luck Googling them for a phone number and giving them a call.
yeah, I just saw the date. No worries!

Latest posts

Back