• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

All or none?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a question to all the AP and IA out here. With the quality issues of today I am always concerned with changing parts just because of age without consideration of condition, I know some items when cost are low for the item like belts or hoses etc it makes sense to me. I have been in the service industry in my past career and my management directed me to change things so they did not want to show back up 10 months later or to change out another part in a system Later. So many times I changed items that where common to fail like a rely or motor without any signs of it being worn out. Management felt if they had a return call it looked bad. I felt if the client was educated and they made the decision it was a better experience. I eventually left that industry due to my core value, not saying theirs was better or worse just did not align with mine. So here is the question, I have my Piper 140 with motor mounts that are 10 years old and all but one seem to be in great condition. It has cracks in the rubber and I can tell it needs to be replaced. During the last annual it was an item that my IA said will need to be addressed soon if not at next annual. I priced them and they are IMO way over priced what is not in aviation so can I just change one? What would you do?

Latest posts

Back