• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Airport scooter (folds for baggage compartment)

Jd21476

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually its funny you say that. I have a 2003 Honda Insight that I currently keep at the airport but it wont pass Cali smog anymore so I have to sell it when the registration comes due next year. I was looking for an alternative that I wouldn't have to leave and pay insurance on.

kju1pitt

CFI ASEL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually its funny you say that. I have a 2003 Honda Insight that I currently keep at the airport but it wont pass Cali smog anymore so I have to sell it when the registration comes due next year. I was looking for an alternative that I wouldn't have to leave and pay insurance on.
No EV? Not cost effective is my guess. Keep the scooter - who cares what someone else thinks. If its not against the regs then its good to go.

Or carry your uniform in a carrier strapped to your back? Or change on location after a brief "PT"?

sgavette

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a folding e-bike from Spencer. It fits in my Cherokee. My SO calls it my “Tweeker Bike”, but I am 60 and past the age of “give a sh!t”.
Ride On, Brother!
I have 3 Dahon folding bikes that I carry for all of us. All folders except the full size look like clown bikes. Don't care. I use what is convenient for me. I also have a Segway mini-pro that I carry when solo and don't need to go far. Generates a few looks, but many think it's a cool ride.

1637766508341.jpeg

B61652

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought this electric scooter with the intention of putting in my baggage compartment and when I land at the airport by my work I could then ride it to work. While this is completely feasible, I look like an idiot as a military Officer riding this thing down the street in uniform. (No I never actually did take it to work but I rode it around my neighborhood and my wife was the one who said you cannot ride that down the street in uniform.)

So its brand new with about 1KM on it. She goes around 24km per hour and they said it would run for around 20km. This is very high quality and light weight (only 36lbs) and folds to fit in the luggage compartment. The tires are air filled so the ride is really good. It has twin disc brakes and Im very impressed with it overall. The build quality is outstanding and not some Chinese crap.

specs:
Folds
Neumatic tires
36lbs
20km range
24km top speed
Front and rear disc brakes
Two keys
Electric speedo and battery gauge
LED headlight (works amazing)
Horn

Id take $500 obo for local pick up or Id be wiling to bring it to a local So Cal airport.

Thank you for your service. Nice scooter, my suggestion would be get you a large enough pair of thin overalls to cover your uniform call it rider protection equipment and ride on. If you were around the corner I would buy it from you but I am on the east coast.

Jd21476

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought of all the ideas above and I may just do that but then I also thought to sell it and go a different route. It is a really cool scooter though.

sgavette

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought of all the ideas above and I may just do that but then I also thought to sell it and go a different route. It is a really cool scooter though.
I wasn't flush with portable transportation, I would take it...

N4655R

Reaction score
First, thank you for your service.

Second, for what the scooter cost couldn’t you buy a beater car and make arrangements with the airport to leave it there for when you fly in?

At least then when people see you driving it while in uniform they will take pity on you for how poorly we pay our military (;->
This is what I do when I fly up to WVU to visit the boy kid there.

Latest posts