• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Airport scooter (folds for baggage compartment)

Jd21476

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought this electric scooter with the intention of putting in my baggage compartment and when I land at the airport by my work I could then ride it to work. While this is completely feasible, I look like an idiot as a military Officer riding this thing down the street in uniform. (No I never actually did take it to work but I rode it around my neighborhood and my wife was the one who said you cannot ride that down the street in uniform.)

So its brand new with about 1KM on it. She goes around 24km per hour and they said it would run for around 20km. This is very high quality and light weight (only 36lbs) and folds to fit in the luggage compartment. The tires are air filled so the ride is really good. It has twin disc brakes and Im very impressed with it overall. The build quality is outstanding and not some Chinese crap.

specs:
Folds
Neumatic tires
36lbs
20km range
24km top speed
Front and rear disc brakes
Two keys
Electric speedo and battery gauge
LED headlight (works amazing)
Horn

Id take $500 obo for local pick up or Id be wiling to bring it to a local So Cal airport.

Attachments

GaryT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just do it. I smell a below the zone promotion for going Green! My Dad was a B52 Navigator. On alert they’d drive the crew out in blue crew cab pickup trucks. Imagine how much fuel the USAF could save if each crew member just rode one of these out to the BUFF. If they went TDY they could just ride them to the O Club (if they still exist).

Spert

PA-32-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you put it next to something for perspective? I can’t tell if it’s 12” or 3’ tall.

JohnPhillips

Reaction score
First, thank you for your service.

Second, for what the scooter cost couldn’t you buy a beater car and make arrangements with the airport to leave it there for when you fly in?

At least then when people see you driving it while in uniform they will take pity on you for how poorly we pay our military (;->

mark_laredo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, thank you for your service.

Second, for what the scooter cost couldn’t you buy a beater car and make arrangements with the airport to leave it there for when you fly in?

At least then when people see you driving it while in uniform they will take pity on you for how poorly we pay our military (;->
Used vehicles are going for premium prices these days.

imwithtuxedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ride my commuter bicycle to the office in a blazer occasionally and regularly on days I don't have court. I've used one of the rental scooters here in OKC to scoot over to the courthouse from my office wearing a full suit. I'm not worried about what others think of my transportation choices as they are quite varied. I own 5 bicycles, a crew cab truck, two airplanes, just sold a Vespa scooter, own a Harley. I certainly don't fit into any stereotypes...

Latest posts