• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Airline life vests

GM.

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Not advising you to use these on your aircraft but these are relatively recently dated and the price is very good for swimming pool use.

Check item number 302279514693 on eBay.

He has a bunch of them and read his disclaimer at the bottom.

arkvet

Reaction score
Why wouldn't they be acceptable to use on aircraft? Not that needing them. Just curious.

The disclaimer sounds like a liability thing to me.

My bottle of aspirin says it could kill me too.

Unit74

Reaction score
I'd be more curious to know how they obtained " a ton of them". Clearly AA property and appear to be current issued.

GM.

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
AA parked a bunch of early 767 aircraft and about fifty MD-80's so there are literally hundreds of these out there. These items are the first to be removed with the seats. They are now on the surplus market.

When they certify and date them they look for damage and weigh the CO2 cartridges on a grams scale. Certification is required on for hire aircraft.

These newer versions are very compact and light.

N33GG

Galactic Commander
Reaction score
Cool. I will probably buy a few of them. Thanks!

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Gonna be selling any more?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that the seller already has several more listed. Thanks for the heads up! These might make a good back up.