• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aircraft Value??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm looking at a 1977 PA-28-161 Warrior II. It's a nice little local bird with 2840 TT, 890 since Major OH on the engine, and I am familiar with the owner. For avionics it has a GMA-340, GNS-430 (assuming WAAS, but not sure), KX-170B, KT-76A, and an S-Tec 30 AP. Paint and Interior appear average based on pics. It needs ADS-B, and it does not have any gap seals, wing root fairings or speed pants. I think it comes with wheel pants, but they are not currently installed. I noticed it doesn't have gear leg fairings. Is it normal to remove those as well with the pants?

My best attempt for an apples to apples comparison on AOPA Vref yielded the following:

Base Price $34K

Add $2.8K for the low airframe TT
Add $1.2 K for less than mid time engine
Add $6K for the 430 and Auto Pilot

Adjusted Value = $44K

Anyone want to give me their best ballpark guess on what they feel this Cherokee is worth, or what they would offer based on the info provided? Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back