• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aircraft shopping / Opinions /SE Piper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamond

Reaction score
Looking to buy a SE PIPER. (I posted this previously as an attachment to another thread.)
I would like to get in on the receiving end of some of the opinions out there. I am a retired Naval Aviator and Airline Pilot (26K hrs.) and former Stinson 108-3 owner and CFI many years ago. (40 yrs. ago)
I "think" I am looking for an upgraded Archer 2/Dakota. I don't need a fast mover or X/C bird but an airplane for local daytime VFR mission to share the flight experience with friends; but also IFR system capable.
I would like good P&I, reasonable upgraded Panel, Autopilot, good engine/airframe times, Eng Monitor, ADS-B compliant out/IN, NDH/prefer fixed gear; In other words an airplane that is ready to go for me and that I could also sell easily in a couple years if appropriate. Probably 75 hrs/year would fit my mission.
I have looked at dozens of different planes over the last 4 years including the Cirrus, Commander 114, LSA etc. I have narrowed my mission down to the Archer. I've flown about100 hrs. in the DA-40, Commander 114, Lear 31A, and a few in the C-172 in the last 3 years and as a passenger in the Cirrus, Warrior, Aero Commander Twin.
Although renting is certainly an option, but for me the local fleet is pretty junky and I have been spoiled over the last 47 yrs. of flying nice equipment.
So, I would not only appreciate your thoughts (as I am not an expert in this arena) but also any aircraft that you know of that would be for sale to meet my mission.
Thanks in advance.
Merry Christmas.
Bob

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back