• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Air conditioning compressor brackets

bovine

1974 Cherokee 140
Reaction score
For Sale: I have the upper and lower engine mounting bracket for the air conditioning compressor on Piper Cherokee and Arrows. Part numbers 99624-00 and 79584-08, respectively.

According to the Piper parts manual, which lists it as being applicable to PA-28-140, PA-28-180, and PA-28R-200 aircraft models that are equipped with Air Conditioning.

Contact me if you're interested in either of these. [email protected]

bracket-diagram2.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

bracket-diagram.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

Last edited:

sbansal

Reaction score
Did you convert to stock alternator with no air-conditioning. I am looking for options for my piper

bovine

1974 Cherokee 140
Reaction score
Did you convert to stock alternator with no air-conditioning. I am looking for options for my piper
Yes, I replaced my old alternator with a PlanePower and mounted it on the normal side of the engine.

My old alternator was mounted on the pilot's side using a fabricobbled bracket (by some prior owner) that finally failed, and rather than locate a new bracket I chose to revert the installation to the stock configuration.

I bought a new PlanePower alternator (even though my old alternator was aging but still technically good) because it came with some of the mounting hardware. I had to also buy P/N 63531-00 (channel alternator bracket) for $70, plus a new belt P/N 05-06877 for $50.

We also had to change the ring gear from the two-groove version to a single groove version (Starter ring gear support assy 68867, with ring gear 60882) for about $400.

Last edited:

Latest posts