• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aileron gap seals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This past weekend I participated in the Okie Derby air rally. One of the official photographers snapped a shot of me climbing out, and I was shocked to see, from the underside, how big the aileron gap is. ( I was also embarrassed to see how dirty the underside of my plane is, but that's another story ) It sure doesn't look that big from the top, and I never noticed they were that big while I was under the wing. Now I'm no aerospace engineer, but I've built enough RC models in my life to know that big gaps on control surfaces are undesirable. Is it worthwhile to look into aileron gap seals for my lowly -140?

236312679_4549439561786958_103286817746807278_n (2).jpg

Latest posts

Back