• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Aerovonics AV30-E now SHIPPING!!!

Coopere

Reaction score
Wow looks like they are on schedule... av30 now shipping this is gonna give Garmin a run for its money...

https://aerovonics.com/ (fixed)

hope they add all the promised features at the least I like the attitude indicator hopefully it certifies by the end of year

Last edited by a moderator:

tmcdavitt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
For a minute I misread this as the -C models were shipping....

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I have been following this item with great interest. If they can do what they promise, it will certainly jump start something. There's no reason to think that they aren't being realistic either...have you taken a look who is at the helm of the company? Former Aspen guy. I'm extremely excited that they've listened to customers and are looking at a HSI with full autopilot integration for legacy products.

imwithtuxedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone drop by their Oshkosh booth and get an update in person? Looking forward to news on the certified version.

SNKDTR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very interesting and I hope the all goes well.Might just be what my old gal needs for an updated panel

Morgan3820

Reaction score
I have the Piper Autocontrol III. Guessing that the AH will be the first item to be certified, can I replace my current AH or is it tied up with the autopilot. While I really like the product, I Do not want to lose the AP

philiplane

A&P, IA, CFI, CFII, MEI,
Reaction score
I have the Piper Autocontrol III. Guessing that the AH will be the first item to be certified, can I replace my current AH or is it tied up with the autopilot. While I really like the product, I Do not want to lose the AP
You will need the new AI and the autopilot interface module. That module converts the digital output of the AI to the analog signals the autopilot needs. So you'll be waiting for the certification of the interface module as well, which might be awhile. In the meantime, you could always move the existing AI to another hole to keep the autopilot functional after installing the new AI.