• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

AeroCruze 230 - any opinions??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_sherry

Reaction score
Our current aircraft - 1998 Seneca V - has the B-K KFC150 A/P. We have already had the computer back to B-K once for an overhaul. That's a bit of a pain from the UK as the shipping time added to the fixing time means notable aircraft offline time...

One of my colleagues in the aircraft brought my attention to the AeroCruze 230 which is a like for like exchange for the KFC150 computer. Ok - there is some additional behind the panel wiring to squeeze out all the features but in principle I really like the idea of replacing a 40 year old computer with a 2 year old computer. Also some nice-to-haves like IAS hold, GPS to ILS automatic transitions, nice well annunciated touch screen, etc.

This looks, in principle, like a good deal if the existing servos are working well (ours are fine AFAIK).

On top of that B-K have got an EASA STC for the PA34-220T. We are UK based and on the G reg so the EASA STC is critical.

What I am amazed about is that this is the first genuinely innovative and potentially very attractive GA product from Honeywell B-K for ? 20 years (I don't rate the KSN770 as both Garmin and Avidyne products I feel are better). According to their marketing material there are over 13000 KFC150 fitted aircraft about and yet the marketing is almost as quiet as the grave. We only learnt about by happenstance. I am not sure that any have been fitted in Europe to date.

Any experience 'across the pond'? Feedback very welcome as we are genuinely quite interested in an upgrade that avoids ripping out all the servos and the wiring.

Paul
Seneca V - G-ZZOT

Latest posts

Back