• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Adding GPSS to my STEC-20

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck

David Megginson
Reaction score
I've enjoyed my first 11 months of flying behind an IFR GTN 650 GPS coupled with my older STEC-20 autopilot, and in general, I haven't found the lack of GPSS to be an issue, but there are some approach situations (usually during already-high workload and nasty weather) when I've missed it.

Orest's home avionics shop — who did my avionics upgrade last year — has a used GPSS interface for my A/P that they'll sell me at a reasonable price (just over 2.5 AMU, including installation and parts). Since I'm a long way from upgrading to a GFC 500 or similar, that was just too good a price to pass up, so I'll be getting it installed in September, along with a system-software update for my GTN. Looking forward to the GPS stearing (though I'll still want to do my own intercepts from time to time, to stay in practice).

D

Latest posts

Back