• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Adding boots or TKS to Seneca II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poloengr

Reaction score
I am considering the purchase of a Seneca II that has everything I am looking for with the exception of anti-ice capabilities. I currently own a Mooney M20J and one of the things I wanted in a new plane was either TKS or deice boots. This Seneca II has hot props but no windshield hot plate or deice boots.
My question is this. Can boots and a hotplate be added? Can TKS be added, even if it is not FIKI, I really only care about inadvertent ice capabilities. I want this plane to give me great IFR capabilities and I can buy this one from a family member for a great price. It is otherwise perfectly suited for my mission (RSTOL, LoPresti cowls, dual Garmin 530W/430 with traffic, oxygen, AOA indicator) and I love the paint and interior. This PA-34 has always been based in the south but I live in Iowa which is why I think I will need deice capabilities much more than the previous owner. I know the Seneca II wing would take more ice than most and with the hot props I would not lose propeller efficiency while I exit the area where ice is accumulating but I am hesitant to give in on this feature requirement.
Cav Aerospace shows TKS retrofit for Saratoga but not for PA-34. What are my options and does anyone have any experience adding deice capabilities to a Seneca?

Latest posts

Back