• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

79 Dakota for sale, upgrade time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've decided to step up a bit and shop for a Commander 114 or Saratoga, depending on what deals I find, so mine is up for sale.

Details...

N8083Y

O-540-J3A5D
3 Blade Hartzell HC-F3YR-1ARF
Hangared in McKinney, TX at KTKI
No damage history
All logs present
All invoices through myself and last owner, going back about 7 years
Useful load right at 1200 lbs

~3275 TT
~850 SMOH blueprint "stage 3" overhaul by Performance Engines, LaVerne CA
~50 SPOH by Mid America Propeller, Mountain View AR
~200 since A/P overhaul by Autopilot Central, Tulsa OK
~80 since new ELT battery 5/2012
~350 since new carpet 2/2007

Last annual 6/2013, compressions 75/76/76/76/76/78
Last pitot/static/transponder check 1/2013

At or around last annual: new main tires, new brake pads and rotors, new SigmaTek vacuum pump, new motor mounts, new oil cooler hoses per recurring AD, side step stripped/repainted/re-gripped, new landing light bulb, tail control cable AD done and found no corrosion or broken strands.

Original Equipment:

Seats and panels, original blue velour "executive" from the factory, no stains/damage, good condition.
Paint, original white with black/red/blue stripes, good condition no chipping, typical cowl paint cracking that all Pipers have...
Interior plastics and headliner, good condition no damage.
Autocontrol III-B autopilot
Electric trim
ADF

Aftermarket Equpiment:

Whelen tail strobe 4/1988
Copper power cables 2/1999
Hartzell 3 blade prop 7/2003
Met-Co-Aire fiberglass tail cones 12/2006
Rosen sun visors 8/2007
"Lightsaver" landing light unit 9/2009
Brackett engine air filter 6/2013
2 tow bars
Panel complete rewire and avionics upgrade 9/2005 as follows...

Garmin GNS-530 GPS/NAV/COMM (WAAS upgrade 8/2007)
Garmin SL30 secondary NAV/COMM
Garmin GTX-330 transponder
Dual Garmin GI-106A glideslopes (has GPS steering)
PS Engineering 7000CD audio panel/4 place intercom/CD Player

Notes:

Previous owner was a retired 747 captain and his meticulous nature shows in the paperwork. It struggles to burn more than a quart between oil changes, pretty sure I've been flying around with the same spare quart in the back for about 5 months. The oil gauges might as well be glued on their optimal readouts running lean of peak between 7 and 9, just a good, solid, reliable airplane. Buy it and fly it, it doesn't need anything but gas.

Pics, logs, etc:

http://airplane.nbfl.net

Recommend downloading the logbooks and viewing them in Adobe Acrobat, rather than in your browser, if you do so you'll notice that the AD notes are bookmarked for easy reference.

Price:

Going by the book value of this vintage assuming it was all stock factory of about 90k, I put a value on the previous owner's avionics upgrades and premium engine overhaul at 25k when I bought it and paid him that for it. Since then I've put about 5% of the assumed 2000 engine time on it, so I'm asking 109k, my purchase price minus the 5%.

Contact

[email protected], PM on the forums for my cell number.

Latest posts

Back