• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

2000+ NM on M/T Constant Speed Prop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to do a real test on the prop. My wife and I took the Archer to Fremont NE from DeLand Fl. Weather was great each direction, however on the way there we were fighting 20-30 headwinds. On the way home we had a slight tailwind but nothing to brag about. On the way up I had her to the pin , pulled the prop back to 2350-2400 @ 7000'. On the way home temps were consistent but we backed her down to 2400 and squared up the prop @ 9000'. Fuel burn for the entire trip was under 11GPH. We saw some good speeds ( for an Archer) and was impressed with the climb. If you're considering an improvement for your fixed pitch set up and don't want to buy an entire new airplane this is a good alternative.
If you're wanting to do a real time analysis go to Flightaware enter N8445A. We left Oct 5th and came home Oct 10th.

Attachments

• 971FD429-4B3D-4652-BEE8-759E761EBFBA.jpeg
    971FD429-4B3D-4652-BEE8-759E761EBFBA.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back