• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

(2) PowerTow 40EZ tugs for sale...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windflite

Reaction score
Hi,

The Mrs and I have downsized our hangar rental at destinations traveled and no longer have any need for our two PowerTow 40EZ's. They were used for years to move our Piper Turbo Lance, with one of them predating the other and also being used on our former airplane, a Cherokee 6. I replaced both engines two years ago as I got tired of becoming exhaused while trying to start the things in Freezing weather! The new engines run great and start generally on one or two pulls - no matter how cold it is! (We were in Illinois...)

IMG_1252.jpg
IMG_1253.jpg
IMG_1254.jpg
IMG_1255.jpg

Both tugs operate about the same as they both received new engines at the same time. One is shinier than the other, so I'll price them accordingly at $700 for 'shiny one', and $600 for the 'less shiny' one... Also have 1 set of 'arms' that attach to the unit if you happen to have a fixed gear (ie. Cherokee 6) that needs the additional extensions. Somewhere I've got a chain for the wheel also, but I'll need to dig for it!

We now live in NE Tennessee near TRI and have the Lance in a hanger operated by the local FBO. Let me know if you are interested in the tugs. PM me and we can chat! I'd prefer not to ship these things but am glad to meet at the airport or if you're nearby and driving at my house is fine too!

Thx,
Andy

Latest posts

Back