• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1990 or newer Piper Arrow III

kju1pitt

CFI ASEL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I would put this out there even though I dont expect to see one available. Looking for a family plane and the Arrow III is perfect for our size right now. We would prefer 2000 or newer but I believe I could get the wife to go for 1990 or newer. If you have one for sale please let me know. I watch TAP/Barnstormers/Controller so I see the ones that pop up on there. We would like to keep the hours under 7k if possible.

kju1pitt

CFI ASEL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks I left them a message. I am guessing it will be 300k+ but I hope its something affordable.

EDIT: Vero beach....I wonder if its one of the ERAU birds that got auctioned off.

Last edited:

Reece

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strictly speaking, the Arrow III was produced in 1977 and 1978 only. It was replaced by the Arrow IV (with a T-tail) in 1979.

After Piper emerged from bankruptcy they began producing straight-tail Arrows again, but just called it an Arrow with no numeric suffix. These are subtly different in that the electrical system is 24V instead of 12V, the gear hydraulics have slightly different pressures, and probably several other small changes.

kju1pitt

CFI ASEL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strictly speaking, the Arrow III was produced in 1977 and 1978 only. It was replaced by the Arrow IV (with a T-tail) in 1979.

After Piper emerged from bankruptcy they began producing straight-tail Arrows again, but just called it an Arrow with no numeric suffix. These are subtly different in that the electrical system is 24V instead of 12V, the gear hydraulics have slightly different pressures, and probably several other small changes.
I am aware but even VREF lists the current PA28R-201 as an Arrow III. Right or not its what the industry seems to use to refer to the newer models as well.

Latest posts