• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1979 Warrior II for sale

Charley

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for posting.

What is the aircraft total time since new?

allan

Longtime Piper owner
Reaction score
By the way...

Amazing job you did last year coordinating the transport of two Iraqi war veterans from CA to PA!

I just read the thread about it:

http://www.piperforum.com/showpost.php?p=40399
Thanks but I only knew someone that could coordinate. It was a fun trip to watch that weekend...no weather problems at all!

The airframe has 4342.7 hrs total time

I'm in the process of downloading all of the JPI 730 data and having it uploaded to https://www.savvyanalysis.com/home

Let me know if you want to see/know anything else.

Allan

PS I'll even throw in my iPad mini with a years worth of Foreflight

Last edited:

alstont

Reaction score
It resembles my '81 but has so much more avionics!! I finally know how the carpet is supposed to look. NOT like mine came, which by-the-way, I found these cool little stubs for knobs for heater ducts that were hidden under the center carpet. This panel may have to be copied by me.. just sayin..

allan

Longtime Piper owner
Reaction score

allan

Longtime Piper owner
Reaction score
It resembles my '81 but has so much more avionics!! I finally know how the carpet is supposed to look. NOT like mine came, which by-the-way, I found these cool little stubs for knobs for heater ducts that were hidden under the center carpet. This panel may have to be copied by me.. just sayin..
Thanks,

I love the avionics and panel..I added the Garmin 696 but the other avionics were in place when I purchased the plane except I did upgrade the 430 to waas.

I also added the JPI 730 with fuel flow...this is a wonderful tool even though a little overkill for a Warrior.

I really like the carpet too..I tried one company and the instructions when delivered had me cutting to size...not what I wanted so I returned it and went with SCS interiors. I think it looks nice and tidy.

mdjezierski

Reaction score
Here is a link to the accident - http://www.aircraftone.com/aircraft/accidents/20001211X12228.asp

I can't read the A&Ps handwriting during this time period but when I purchased the plane, this was an item I had reviewed during the pre-buy. At that time, the A&P inspected and determined the repair was to specs.

If you want me to scan the logs from that period and try to decipher the handwriting, let me know.
Direct crosswind 15 to 19 knots and a new pilot at the stick - that'll do it. Nice aircraft - lost medical?

allan

Longtime Piper owner
Reaction score
Direct crosswind 15 to 19 knots and a new pilot at the stick - that'll do it. Nice aircraft - lost medical?
Thanks - Nope, still have my medical - looking to get into a newer, faster plane.

I've only flown Pipers (2 hrs in a C-172 but does that really count?) and have 1000 hrs in them...might be hard to change my ways but a faster, newer plane sounds fun.