• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1978 Piper Lance

tlanham

Reaction score
For Sale 1978 Piper Lance $155,000.00 TT 3220, 1540 SMOH, 260 STOP, 345 SPOH. If you are interested in purchasing, please send me your email address to [email protected] and I will send you all the equipment details and more pictures. No damage history, complete logs, all AD's are up to date. Turbo charge with intercooler. Last annual 12-27-2020, last IFR cert 3-12-21. Maintained to fly my grandchildren around.

Attachments

Klr94ss

Advanced Aviation Reno
Sponsor
Reaction score
Very nice, well equipped airplane. This will make a great family traveling airplane for anyone that is looking. We love the abilities of ours and that Turbos Plus intercooler kit/cowling is a huge add on. That kit was over 20K and extends TBO to 2000, keeps CHT's very reasonable in climb and allows you to run much leaner than the fish mouth airplanes. Sorry for walking in on your post, but I don't think a lot of people realize the value of already having that cowling/intercooler installed already and how much more capable it makes the airplane. I've flown both and any time I depart Vegas in the heat I am so happy my airplane has it.
I will pass this add around here locally in Reno as I recently sold half of my airplane to a new partner and I had a LOT of interest and fortunately I was able to choose the partner I wanted on the plane. Maybe I should buy this one too and sell shares :)

MichaelMeyer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Member here... I am considering a Lance over a Cherokee 6. What is your typical Annual cost? ..if you don't mind me asking :)

LuisO

1976 Lance PA-32R-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
😱

Mine have never gone above $2000.
Most are below that.
4 year ownership.
I guess it depends on the state of the plane when you buy it and what area of the country you live in.

EdJohnston1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have owned a ‘78 Piper Lance II in Canada for 16 years. The cost of doing the basic annual inspection is $1600-1800 labor, varying by FBO. The all-in costs including the annual inspection and required repairs has averaged $7000., with a low of $3000. and high of $14500., and includes prop overhauls. This does not include an engine overhaul or upgrades like avionics, paint and interior.