• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1978 Piper Archer II

Heftiger

Reaction score
1978 Piper Archer II
$78,000

275 SMOH
Aircraft Time 6600
IFR Cert Due June 2018
Annual Oct 2017 – 74/74/72/74
Logs Since New

Airplane:
Prop 1400 hrs
2014 Airtex Interior
Sealed Battery
Bogart Copper Battery Cables
New 2016 Aircraft Door Seals (Cabin door & luggage)
Speed Pants
Factory Soundproofing
Pitot Heat
Luggage Straps
IFR Certified
Cabin cover
Insulated Cowl Cover

Avionics:
Garmin 430 IFR GPS
EI CGR-30P Engine Analyzer (Digital Tach, EGT, CHT, Fuel Flow, Volts, OAT, Remote Indicator)
GI 106-A CDI
KX 155
KI-209 CDI
KMA 20 Audio Panel
King KT76A Transponder
Electric Turn Coordinator
Sigtronics 4-Place Intercom (Dual PTT)
Datcon Hobbs Meter

Engine:
Lycoming O-360-A4M
Bracket Air Filter
Overhauled 2014
2014 Overhaul Included:
New Bendix Mags, Ignition Harness & Plugs
Overhauled Carb
Fuel & Oil Hoses
Superior Cylinders

Cosmetic Hail Damaged repaired in 1988. 337 for repairs in aircraft records.

Last edited:

Heftiger

Reaction score
Thanks Aaron! We’re hoping to move up to a Cherokee 6 or Lance. The useful load on this is still great for my family of 4, but we want more seats.

N47438

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have taken excellent care of your plane. It is an above-the-norm example. I’m sure you will find a buyer. I’m not as confident you will find a replacement very easy which will be in as good condition or taken care of as well as you have of yours.

Heftiger

Reaction score
You have taken excellent care of your plane. It is an above-the-norm example. I’m sure you will find a buyer. I’m not as confident you will find a replacement very easy which will be in as good condition or taken care of as well as you have of yours.

Thx for the compliments.
Honestly, I am a little nervous about finding another nice plane that will measure up to the Archer and not cost a fortune. It may take a while to find the right one.

Latest posts