• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1974 Cherokee Cruiser

flyguydon

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Cheap. Flies nice and runs great with compressions in the 70s. New seat upholstery but missing side panels. Paint is very weak. Great time builder or make it nice with a few things and some paint. Basic panel. New Concorde battery recently...new Skytec starter...new alternator and regulator. Good tires.

Did I mention weak paint...
$20k

flyguydon

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'll get some pics tomorrow

pirate40

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you say paint is a 10/10? Should be for 20,000

msires

N8825W
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'll go with what they always say on the car restoration shows on Motortrend - it has a nice patina! 😂 😂

Ray93J

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We watch some of the same TV. I have watched them more than once sweep that patina into a trash can.

flyguydon

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The plane flies great. It needs paint but you can fly it as is. I don't see a 20k plane needing 10/10 paint. Geez.

Lantraxco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timing is everything and mine is always perfect! Perfectly useless... 😢