• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1974 Cherokee 180 For Sale

skymark

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always like the look of the 177's but they sure fly differently than the Cherokees. Don't get behind the power curve on short final is what I've been told by an old friend who was an FAA accident investigator, but I guess that applies to most of our planes.

Have you considered getting a younger wife instead? Is the Jag an E-Type?
No, it's not an E type but I have a newly restored E type in the hanger my boss just had restored. I had a couple of V12 XJS's but I sold them and bought a 99 XK8 from a guy who though the timing chain jumped but it was just a fuel pump. Eh on the wife thing... I just got this one broken in.

Richard L Murphy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep the wife, especially if she’ll get in a single engine airplane with you. It’s cheaper to keep ‘em than return ‘em.

Nice looking panel - those AV30’s keep the original “look” while gaining functionality. I’m in the process of restoring my ‘76 180 and like seeing others on the market and hope you get every dime of it.

The 177RG is a great airplane, has the nicest lines and handling of any of the Cessnas of that era. The only better plane would be a 210 and their spar AD has kept their prices from going through the roof. Whichever way you go, good luck!

msires

N8825W
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
No, it's not an E type but I have a newly restored E type in the hanger my boss just had restored. I had a couple of V12 XJS's but I sold them and bought a 99 XK8 from a guy who though the timing chain jumped but it was just a fuel pump. Eh on the wife thing... I just got this one broken in. This one has just gotten me broke in.
Fixed it for you! 😄

skymark

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep the wife, especially if she’ll get in a single engine airplane with you. It’s cheaper to keep ‘em than return ‘em.

Nice looking panel - those AV30’s keep the original “look” while gaining functionality. I’m in the process of restoring my ‘76 180 and like seeing others on the market and hope you get every dime of it.

The 177RG is a great airplane, has the nicest lines and handling of any of the Cessnas of that era. The only better plane would be a 210 and their spar AD has kept their prices from going through the roof. Whichever way you go, good luck!

I agree on the lines it just looks unique. It has the same AD on the carry through spar as the 210 and the one I'm getting has had the inspection and eddy current done, alodined, and painted with epoxy primer as well. Mine sold today sight unseen so the deal is going down.

skymark

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well folks the Cherokee sold today so this one is off the books.
Now on the wife thing, mine is a keeper. When I told her about the airplanes we've had her first response each time was "Buy the Plane". It doesn't get any better than that!

Richard L Murphy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your wife is better than mine when it comes to that. I make plane deals and tell her after because all I’ll get is her being annoyed if I did it the other way around. I have my money, she has hers, I spend it as I please.

Congrats on the sale! It does reiterate that the partnerships I’m offering on mine are worth every penny that I’m asking for them.

Appowner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I could pass the medical...........but alas.

daviddancer99

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean about having a keeper wife. My wife wanted to learn to land the plane in case of emergency and ended up getting her private. We love flying together and have just purchased a 76 Arrow II. We have had Cherokee's and a Comanche but the Comanche was a little too much for both of us to fly so we settled on the Arrow. Looking forward to picking it up the last week of December. It is awesome to have a wife that loves to fly just about as much as I do!

Leigh

Reaction score
Your wife is better than mine when it comes to that. I make plane deals and tell her after because all I’ll get is her being annoyed if I did it the other way around. I have my money, she has hers, I spend it as I please.
According to what I've learned from friends who are divorced, you are not quite right in that statement since the courts seem to view it as "she has both".

Latest posts