• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1971 Piper PA28-140 for Sale

Rbowen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, I hope I'm not violating any policies by posting this information. Second, It's for a great cause.

I want to bring the following airplane to everyone's attention. This plane is being auctioned by Wings of Hope, a humanitarian aviation organization based in St Louis. I bought my Archer II from them (you can find my pics of my plane on this forum). The money raised from this sale will benefit an orthopedic mission in Zambia.

The current reserve is $15,000 or buy it for $22,000. It will come with a complete annual.

Go to the Wings of Hope website for more info. www.wingsofhope.ngo

I will post a few pics here with more available on the website (https://aircraft.wingsofhope.ngo/1971-piper-pa28-140-cherokee/n697ya-gallery/)

Manufactured by: Piper
Year Manufactured: 1971
Aircraft Model: Piper PA28-140
Serial Number: 28-7125636
Total Airframe (Logbook) Time Since New: 4,295 hrs.
Annual to be Completed: 3/2018

Type/Model: O-320-E3D
Serial Number: L-24800-27A
Manufactured By: Lycoming
Engine Total Time: 4,295 hrs.
SMOH: 189
Overhaul Date: 03/16/1990
TBO: 2,000
HP: 150

Audio Panel: Narco CP136
Nav: King KNS 80 Rnav
Nav/Com: King KX170B
Com: King KY 197
Transponder: Narco AT150
ADF: King KR86

n697ya_02 exterior.jpg

n697ya_15 panel.jpg

Yoke

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a 140 and this looks really nice. And for a good cause to boot

YCCA

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m interested. Where is the bird located?

Rbowen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The plane is located at Spirit of St Louis, KSUS. It is currently under going annual. I spoke with the A&P last night. He had just reinstalled the nose gear. It had been disassembled, sand blasted to remove the rust and old paint, and repainted. See attached pic.

The first pic is of the cleaned and repainted front landing gear. The second pic is the original gear. Also note that the exhaust and muffler has been replaced (compare the two photos).

The plane is currently in the main hanger for Wings of Hope. Give them a call to let them know you would like to see the plane. There are currently about 8 airplanes in the hanger undergoing rehab or annual in prep for sale or the mission field. My fav is the Cessna 185 on Floats!!

Great people, wonderful organization

R Bowen

n697ya_01_.jpg

Pa28 engine.jpg

Last edited:

bryris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great looking bird, especially for the money. A bargain!

Rbowen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to add, I asked about the engine last night since it has had few hours since OH. At the last OH, all cylinders were replaced with "Chromed" cylinders. The landing gear was described as tight, suggesting the plane was never used for flight training. Does need paint.

My comments are not gospel, so if interested you need to make your own asssessment and ask questions.

Rick B

PS I'm a BADD speller

oregon87

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I talk myself out of buying a plane, something like this comes up...

brjak

Reaction score
A 71 with no toe brakes? My old cherokee 140 did not have toe brakes, it was no problem at all.

Yoke

Reaction score
Anyone know if the they plan to touch up the paint.

Latest posts