• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1970 Piper Cherokee 140 for Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought this plane to finish up my private pilot and it has served us great, we have done a lot of trips with it and enjoyed it a lot! We have now purchased a Piper Arrow to get a little more speed and room, but will really miss this little plane as it has been great!

The plane is a 1970 Piper Cherokee 140 that has a Powerflow exhaust installed. The total time on the airframe is only 3393.3, with the engine having 1816 hours since major overhaul. There was a prop strike though and they removed and inspected the engine at that time. They then rebuilt the bottom end of the engine and installed a new camshaft and propeller and that was 797 hours ago, so the bottom end should be good to go for awhile. She uses very little oil and all of the compressions are in the 70's at the last annual in June.

The avionics include -

KMA24 Audio Panel
Garmin GPS 396
Narco 12D Com/Nav
TKM MX11 Secondary Com
Stratus Appaero ADS-B In/Out transponder
Narco Nav11 Secondary VOR
Digital Outside Air Temp
PS engineering 2 place intercom

Interior and exterior are really clean compared to the other planes I have seen recently and looked at when purchasing this one. There is some minor cracking of the paint on the fiberglass wingtips and nose though, so not perfect. The interior was redone with ann Airtex Gray kit and still looks and functions very well, get a lot of compliments on the ramp with this plane.

We have digitized all of the logs and have them available online with more pictures, if you are interested in the plane, I can email you the links. The plane is based at KGMU, which is downtown Greenville, SC. If someone needs the plane ferried after purchase, I would be happy to do it, she is a lot of fun to fly!

Asking $29,700

Contact - 864-908-5572

If you have any questions, just let me know!
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_1825 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1825 (Medium).JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1841 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1841 (Medium).JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1861 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1861 (Medium).JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1865 (Medium).JPG