• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1967 PA28-180 cowl latches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshflyer

Reaction score
The cowl latches on my '67 PA28-180 have become quite weak, to the point where one actually sprang open on a recent flight.
I have tried to source the receptacles that the fasteners lock into from the parts manual, which listed a replacement part number
99947-P-130, but when these arrived, they were not compatible with the fasteners.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the correct parts.
Thanks in advance

Colin (Wales UK)

Latest posts

Back