• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1964 Cherokee 180

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N7655W

Reaction score
1964 Pa28-180 with the O-360 A3A currently 5143 TT 1713 SMOH but tear down 420hrs

Eng Prop strike Dec 2013 4723hrs
Corona Engines tear down about 420hrs since I have the WO for the repair,almost an OH, replaced the case with OH from CSI, magnaflux polished crank & CAM, magnaflux zygloed all steel aluminum parts, 4 OH cyl 0.10 over, etc... OH prop and I had it dynamically balanced about 2 years ago

Painted 1998
New window and windscreen 2012
Sky-tec starter
Plane power alt
Mags less than 100hr
New mech and electric fuel pumps
Ignition wires and plugs
New throttle and mixture controls
Airtex interior like 2 months ago
Rams horn yokes
PS engineering 7000b with music input for front and separate for rear
JPI 830 with almost every probe available
MaxPulse wingtip light controller
Whelen tail beacon
Garmin 480 WAAS
Garmin SL40
Garmin gtx 327
Freeflight 978 rangr adsb in/out, yes really
Has damage Hx all documented 337's
All logs since new
Rosen Visors
BAS shoulder harness front seats

I think down to almost one maybe two repetitive AD after I do the balance weight tube. I think only the scissor parts of the gear legs are every 500 hrs to check for crack.
Annual is due this May

$42K

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back