• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1962 Cherokee 180 - N7060W

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First time plane owner. Purchased in May of 2021 to finish and enjoy my Private Pilot Training. Based out of Tipton, KFME between Washington DC and Baltimore, deep in the DCSFRA.

Passed my Checkride in her on June 30th and flew to Oshkosh less than a month later. Had a great time and decided to splurge and install a Surefly SIM and LED lights after I got back.

During install, discovered metal in the oil that cascaded down to a full engine overhaul. She's almost back together for the first time in 6 months and I'm looking forward to enjoying flying her again.
20210515_162229.jpg

After the ferry flight home.

34422.jpeg

During the ferry flight home, when we got stuck in Hickory NC. Up until now she would not start when hot.

20210723_164053.jpg

Selfie on the way to Osh 2021.

20210726_070305.jpg

A comfy Campsite.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back