• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1/4 Million on a Cherokee 6?

Rick G

1977 Lance P32R-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take 9 hours in my plane over one on the airlines. Anything to avoid LAX.
It only takes one incident of being on commercial, taking off, go-around and land, back to the gate to kick off a passenger. That will convince just about anyone.

ycptechcom

The Lance
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the market stays really hot I will consider selling mine after this season. I was thinking about it recently but it turns out my wife doesn't want me to sell it. Who would have thought that would happen? I suppose all those stories about passengers on commercial airlines attacking flight attendants finally got to her. That and the the flying with the dog on her lap.

We'll see how it goes after the 9 hour flight one-way next week.
Wow wish mine had 9 hour legs in it!!

Rick G

1977 Lance P32R-300
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow wish mine had 9 hour legs in it!!
🤣
Not quite. I'm planning on one fuel stop. Possibly two depending on weather and winds.

However, with just me flying lean of peak at high altitude I can go 6 hours. This trip I will be loaded heavy so I'm limited to 4 - 4.5 hour legs.

CURT M BRENEMAN

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take 9 hours in my plane over one on the airlines. Anything to avoid LAX.
My flying-hesitant wife and I made several 4+ hr per leg flights last week (two per day) in and out of IMC, and she actually enjoyed it! It didn't hurt that we were at 10k' and the clouds were often below us. The ride on the first two legs was as smooth as glass, but the second two were actually ranging from light chop to some "interesting" bumps when we were in the tops of the lower layer. Altitude was limited by freezing levels in the Northeast because of the oddly cold temperatures and persistent rain and clouds in the Albany area. All very good! First long flight with the new GNX 375 GPS + GI 275 HSI+AP coupled with a legacy Century 21 AP. Very nice combo!

imwithtuxedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that. Pure insanity. I couldnt even get anyone to return my calls anymore when I was still looking. I am resigned to no more flying at this point.
$20k price drop since Saturday...avionics package is nice and the motor is low time, but $169k is getting awfully close to Cirrus money and a plane that is 30 years newer. If you're financing the plane, another $200 per month isn't a deal breaker and you get a newer and faster plane.

Azpilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cheapest Cirrus on TAP right now is 199K....with a timed out motor and older PFD. That TA3 will go in the low FLs at 155-170kt, and doesnot have a parachute repack every 12 years.

$189k was a reach, but with that avionics package, they’re not super far off at current pricing. The 530/430 is a bit weak, but it’s otherwise spot-on in the panel.

kpcrowley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone, I am almost ready to put a 1976 Piper Lance with new paint and interior completed in 2019 on the market. I purchased this airplane in 2018 and have done an extensive restoration, inspection and repair of anything needed. I should be ready to show and take offers in a couple of weeks. The airplane is at JZI in Charleston SC. I did not update all avionics with a new panel thinking the buyer may elect to chose their own.....
More to come.... regards, (BTW, the Lance in my pic to the left is NOT the Lance I'm selling)

Attachments

slo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well keep me in mind.

I am doing a ore purchase on one next week, but interestingly enough I have had to walk away from 2 due to corrosion..