Piper Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic > Nbc?
Help Support Piper Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:53 AM   #11
Kristin

Liked 958 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Trump has no understanding, let alone respect for, the basic principles that make our Republic work. He would be happy to govern as a dictator if he could. It was his incessant attacks on our institutions of democracy that required me to hold my nose and vote for Hillary rather than register yet another protest vote.

I think Howard Stern was right when he said that he didn't think that the presidency would be good for Trump's mental health. I think we are seeing that play out.

People Like This 
Old 10-12-2017, 01:54 AM   #12
PaulR

Liked 385 Times on 349 Posts
Likes Given: 446

Trump should get working on the major issues and problems this country it has instead of his 24/7 Twitting!!!

I get why he does it for his message to send it out as the news/press and the journalism is so terrible in this country and inaccurate so often, and slanted by the press and very misleading and inaccurate at times in an attempt to juicey up a news story into something it wasn't as the news does so often.

He needs to get to work and has been very ineffective as a president so far on solving worldwide problems, and really hasn't done Zippo for the USA to date since he was elected.

Trumps a real Weenie and spends more time on Twitter Tweeting, than working on and getting some real serious world problems fixed like North Korea problems, and the usa economy back on track and doing zero.

He is a lot like Obuma as a president and just in it for the easy ride as a president for the fringe benefits and publicity. Too bad we need some better presidents like Lincoln, Eisenhower, JFK etc that were great leaders for this country, instead of the new presidents like Obuma and Trump that do nothing for the country during there entire administation besides post and FaceBook were they are having dinner!! Pretty sad if you ask me...

JimC Likes This 
Old 10-12-2017, 02:26 AM   #13
JimC
Established Member

Liked 1224 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 823

"For those who do not understand - and this may include Donald Trump - the NBC television network does not have an FCC license that can be revoked or non-renewed".

I think pretty much everyone is aware of this - except maybe Trump, who possibly isn't.

I worry that he may start taking TV Networks and newpapers off the air and out of circulation by Executive Order.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:08 AM   #14
EchoDelta
Established Member

Liked 438 Times on 357 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by killrocks View Post

It will be interesting to see if what Trump is blathering about actually happens. We already know that Obama actually DID authorize IRS to use their office to persecute political opponents and that they actually did it for YEARS.....without any recourse even after the fact since nobody had the balls to pursue it and Lois Lerner was allowed to just retire with her cushy pension.
We know nothing of the sort. As is your common practice, you are regurgitating right-wing propaganda and lies (the REAL "fake news") from outlets like Breitbart and Drudge and offering them as established fact. Were there some IRS missteps? Yes, apparently so, but they did not rise to anything close to a real scandal, and there is no evidence whatsoever that Obama "authorized" them. However, it is refreshing to see that you might be starting to question whether Trump is the all great and knowing hero that you previously thought he was.

Quote:
Trump likes to bluster, will he actually DO these tyrannical things?
Of course not! First of all he doesn't have the power, and second he is so spectacularly clueless it's a wonder that he can tie his own shoes. Obviously what he is doing here is once again pandering to his moron base -- the folks who cheered at his rallies when he called the free press "the enemies of the people."

Old 10-12-2017, 05:53 AM   #15
kgreen
Established Member

Liked 194 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Once again Trump reveals his admiration for dictatorial powers. And once again he appeals to the worst of America.

I don't know which is worse - that he thinks he can cower news organizations into going easy on him, or that he has such a low opinion of his supporters that he thinks they'll believe he can and should.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:03 PM   #16
kgreen
Established Member

We need more of this from actual Republicans.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bensasse/...96123269189632
EchoDelta Likes This 
Old 10-12-2017, 07:58 PM   #17
killrocks
Established Member

Liked 566 Times on 401 Posts
Likes Given: 493

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoDelta View Post
We know nothing of the sort. As is your common practice, you are regurgitating right-wing propaganda and lies (the REAL "fake news") from outlets like Breitbart and Drudge and offering them as established fact. Were there some IRS missteps? Yes, apparently so, but they did not rise to anything close to a real scandal, and there is no evidence whatsoever that Obama "authorized" them. However, it is refreshing to see that you might be starting to question whether Trump is the all great and knowing hero that you previously thought he was.

Of course not! First of all he doesn't have the power, and second he is so spectacularly clueless it's a wonder that he can tie his own shoes. Obviously what he is doing here is once again pandering to his moron base -- the folks who cheered at his rallies when he called the free press "the enemies of the people."
It's unfortunate that you aren't even able to admit to legitimate scandals in the administration that you admire vs the one you don't.

Here is a bunch of info on the IRS illegal activities.

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...s-lawlessness/

And yes, this has Obama's fingerprints all over it. He, more than any other President in my lifetime to date, changed the mission of all these agencies and made their top priority aiding in accomplish his political agenda "by any and all means necessary". Or as I took to calling it during his first term "Chicago politics - writ large".

"There are none so blind, as those who will not see".

Last edited by killrocks; 10-12-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Leigh Likes This 
Old 10-12-2017, 09:08 PM   #18
EchoDelta
Established Member

Liked 438 Times on 357 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Quote:
It's unfortunate that you aren't even able to admit to legitimate scandals in the administration that you admire vs the one you don't.

And yes, this has Obama's fingerprints all over it. He, more than any other President in my lifetime to date, changed the mission of all these agencies and made their top priority aiding in accomplish his political agenda "by any and all means necessary". Or as I took to calling it during his first term "Chicago politics - writ large".

So you cite an editorial from a known Obama hater? How about FACTS, as in news reports from CREDIBLE sources. (Note: IBD is a reasonably credible source, but its editorials, like those of every MSM news source, are opinion, not reporting of fact.)

And yes, like probably 70% of Americans I admired the Obama administration far more than I do the Trump administration. It's not that Obama was so great -- there is a lot he did that I didn't agree with. But his administration was for the most part competent and scandal-free. Trump's administration would b a catastrophe even without its endless list of scandals.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #19
Kristin

Liked 958 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:

You apparently don't understand that an editorial is an opinion. This particular opinion was based on a National Review article. I am betting that you didn't even read the National Review article that was the only factual basis offered by the editorial writer. If you had, you would have realized that Obama's name wasn't mentioned, much less offered any facts to suggest that "Obama's fingerprints [were] all over it". Further, Lois Lerner was a career bureaucrat, not someone appointed by Obama. So no fingerprints there.

All that can be said based on the National Review article -- we will ignore the opinion in the editorial -- is that Lerner may have overstepped the legal bounds as part of an investigation into illegal activity by right-wing groups. If you are looking for conspirators here, you might look at the GOP who may not have wanted charges pressed because in the end, some of their support groups might also have been taken down.

The problem with you, is that you hate Obama, so you will grab at anything, without fact checking or critical thinking, that might appear to support your argument. That is intellectually dishonest.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:32 AM   #20
kgreen
Established Member

The first phase in creating a dictatorship is to discredit the press. Believe what I say, not what you're hearing from those lying reporters. When the press is sufficiently undermined, then you can start suggesting that those unsympathetic voices be shut down. So now we've entered that second phase.

He won't succeed, but it's disturbing to know that our President has so little understanding of Constitutional protections. Hard to imagine how anyone could defend this man.