Piper Forum > Aviation Topics > Maintenance > :) Pet peeve - RPMs
Help Support Piper Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:20 PM   #61
GM.
Supporting Member
PiPe_ADMIN.png

Liked 1676 Times on 1261 Posts
Likes Given: 528

"Aircrafts".

Old 08-03-2017, 09:31 PM   #62
ScottS
Established Member

Liked 55 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyCanadianGuy View Post
Or when you ask the wife "Hun, have you seen my flight bag" to which she doesn't respond. Than you ask again and she says "I heard you already! Give me a minute to find it!".... we need a course in CRM. And for those who have been happily married for years, does your wife re-arrange everything in the house on a bi-weekly basis to the point you never know where anything is. What is up with that. ��
Whenever I can't find something and I ask her where it is, she always asks "Did you look? Or did you just man-look?" It is usually the latter.

Old 08-06-2017, 11:35 PM   #63
HammerinHank
Established Member

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Some people must have been very Bored when this started. My opinion is if someone says RPM or RPM's. There is No Confusion that I know what they mean. I don't require everyone that wants to talk to me or ask me a question that they have a degree from Harvard.
People Like This 
Old 08-07-2017, 01:28 AM   #64
Tweety
Established Member

Liked 472 Times on 376 Posts

Default :) Pet peeve - RPMs

Maybe, but at least I expect writers for automotive magazines to know the difference between "brakes" and "breaks".

People Like This 
Old 08-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #65
galaxsat
Established Member

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Pain in the asses? Don't you really mean you have multiple pains in your singular ass?

'Bohemian' does not have the same meaning as 'Bahamian' (the wife used to do this one).

Old 08-07-2017, 11:42 AM   #66
GM.
Supporting Member
PiPe_ADMIN.png

Liked 1676 Times on 1261 Posts
Likes Given: 528

Default :) Pet peeve - RPMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerinHank View Post
Some people must have been very Bored when this started. My opinion is if someone says RPM or RPM's. There is No Confusion that I know what they mean. I don't require everyone that wants to talk to me or ask me a question that they have a degree from Harvard.
I don't think the OP was bored or had negative connotations. I believe the intent (before it skewed to wives and homelife) was simply to make a list of aviation related terminology that is not used correctly, that is dated or incorrect altogether, not to grade a PF post as a Harvard composition assignment. I know I can display poor grammar or punctuation at times but I feel it IS important to know and understand aviation terminology when you are playing the pilot game. I conducted a Flight Review about ten yeas ago to an individual I had met a few months prior that involved two cross country flights to a pancake breakfast. When approaching the Class C airspace she called approach Control "XXXX Radio". Needless to say the ground portion of the event was about airspace and communications. After recently purchasing a Lake Michigan boat, I am intently busy learning correct marine terminology before I even begin mastering the multitude of information both academic and practical I can't transfer from my aviation background. It's simply a must for me.

There haven't been Biennial Flight Reviews for two decades. They aren't licenses they are certificates, they aren't aircrafts, landing gears or other examples members mentioned above. I would assume like any other aspect of aviation, one would desire to learn how to be sharp and appear sharp when conversing or writing about their love, professional career or hobby of aviating. That simply involves learning the jargon of the field which is probably the easiest part of the whole well rounded package.
People Like This 
Old 09-14-2017, 08:49 PM   #67
Propspinner81
Established Member

Likes Given: 1

And then you have the Canadians that have to end each sentence with eh? eh.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:33 PM   #68
Canuck
David Megginson

Liked 269 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propspinner81 View Post
And then you have the Canadians that have to end each sentence with eh? eh.
Huh?
Old 09-15-2017, 12:20 AM   #69
FlyCanadianGuy
Established Member

Liked 160 Times on 130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
Huh?

He probably means everyone north of Barrie Ont, eh.
And for the record our lingo changed, we now end it with "eh, bud"
"That was an awesome hockey game eh bud!"